Non-Surgical Facelift Treatments
Non-Surgical Facelift Treatments in Pittsford, NY or Rockville, MD
Begin Your Non-Surgical Facelift Treatment
Learn more and schedule a consultation today.
Age sneaks up on everyone, regardless of how well they care for their skin. To keep a more youthful look, people want effective cosmetic treatments. But finding treatments that give great results can be tricky as there are so many on the market, and the results can vary.
At Health Expressions we specialize in non-surgical facelifts that offer amazing results. If you’re looking for laser skin resurfacing in Rochester NY or facial rejuvenation in Rockville MD, contact our staff at Health Expressions and book your consultation today.
What Are Non-Surgical Facelifts?
A non-surgical facelift is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that lifts facial features and tightens the skin on the face and neck. This “lunchtime procedure” can be done in about an hour with no anesthesia or downtime, making it a popular choice for those who want to look younger without surgery. These types of procedures are growing in popularity as they can provide significant results without the risks associated with surgery.
There are a variety of non-surgical facelifts to choose from, each targets different areas of the face. For example, some procedures focus on the forehead while others target the mid-face or lower face. The best way to determine which procedure is correct for you is to consult with our staff at Health Expressions, they can assess your individual needs and recommend the best treatment.
Anatomy of the Skin
There are three main layers of skin: the epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis.
The epidermis is the outermost layer of skin and is made up of several different types of cells. The primary type of cell in the epidermis is the keratinocyte, which produces keratin, a protein that helps give skin strength and flexibility.
The dermis is the middle layer of skin and is made up of connective tissue, blood vessels, and nerves. This layer provides support and nutrition to the epidermis.
The hypodermis is the deepest layer of skin and consists of fat and connective tissue. This layer helps to cushion and protect the body.
Skin Statistics and Facts
The skin is the largest organ in the body, weighing about 8 pounds. The average person has about 20 square feet of skin, about 2% of their total body weight. So it makes sense that we spend so much time trying to take care of our skin. Consider these few facts:
- In a study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, researchers found that the average woman spends more than $300 per year on skin care products. The same study found that the average woman uses 16 skin care products daily.
- According to the National Institutes of Health, more than 90% of all skin aging is due to exposure to the sun. Sun damage is the leading cause of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that people use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher daily, even on cloudy days. They also suggest avoiding excessive sun exposure and wearing protective clothing, such as hats and long-sleeved shirts, when outdoors.
While we can’t stop the aging process, we can do several things to slow it down. These include:
- Using sunscreen and avoiding excessive sun exposure.
- Quitting smoking.
- Eating healthy since food play’s a vital role in skin health.
- Using topical anti-aging products, such as retinoids and glycolic acid.
- Exercising is another excellent way to keep your skin looking its best as it helps to increase blood flow and promote cell turnover.
Changes in Skin With Age
As we age, our skin undergoes several changes. These changes are due to a combination of genetics, lifestyle choices, and the environment.
One of the most common changes that occur in aging skin is a decrease in collagen production. Collagen is a protein that gives skin its structure and elasticity. As we age, our body produces less collagen, which leads to wrinkles and loose skin.
Another common change in aging skin is a decrease in cell turnover. In young skin, cells are constantly being replaced. However, as we age, this process slows down, leading to a build-up of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface. This can make the skin look dull and dry.
Fortunately, you can do several things to slow the aging process and keep your skin looking its best. These include using sunscreen, quitting smoking, and avoiding excessive sun exposure.
Benefits of Not Going Under the Knife
There are many benefits to getting a non-surgical facelift compared to a traditional one. The main benefit is that it’s less expensive. On top of that, the risks are significantly lower since there’s no surgery involved. Healing time is also shorter since there are no stitches required.
Other benefits include:
- Less invasive
- There’s no need for anesthesia, which means the procedure is safer
- The results are more natural looking
- Can be done in an outpatient setting
All of these benefits and the fact that nonsurgical facelifts are non-invasive make this option a great choice!
Whereas there are many disadvantages that come along with surgical procedures:
- Plastic surgeons can charge up to tens of thousands of dollars.
- Surgery requires more recovery time.
- There is often scarring after surgery.
- General anesthesia is required which comes with its own set of risks.
What Is Skin Resurfacing/Rejuvenation?
Skin resurfacing, also known as skin rejuvenation, is a treatment that can improve the appearance of your skin. It can help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. It can also help to improve the texture of your skin and give it a more youthful appearance.
There are several different skin resurfacing treatments available, including:
- TempSure Envi. A very successful facial treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to heat the skin. This helps to improve the appearance of frown lines, deep creases, and age spots. The heat from the radiofrequency energy also helps to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- Laser skin resurfacing. This treatment uses a laser to remove the top layer of skin. The heat from the laser destroys the damaged skin cells and stimulates the production of new collagen which helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles, frown lines, and age spots.
- Micro-needling. Tiny needles create small punctures in the top layer of the skin. This may sound painful, but it’s not. The needles used in this treatment are very fine and cause minimal discomfort. This treatment aims to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and tighten the facial muscles. These are the two proteins that keep your skin looking young and healthy.
- IPL (intense pulsed light). This device uses a light source to improve the appearance of your skin. The light targets the damaged skin cells and then destroys them. Once the old cells are removed, new ones can grow in their place, which helps to improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- Chemical peels. The name sounds a little scary but don’t let it fool you. Chemical peels are a popular treatment for improving the appearance of your skin. It works by using a chemical solution to remove the top layer of skin, revealing the healthier skin underneath. This procedure is safe for most skin types and colors.
- Microdermabrasion. This popular treatment uses a small device to exfoliate the top layer of skin. Once this happens, new skin cells can grow in their place, resulting in softer, smoother skin.
What Facelift Treatments Work the Best?
There are several different facelift treatments available, and the best one for you will depend on your individual needs and goals. If you’re looking for a treatment that can help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, then laser skin resurfacing or IPL may be the best option. If you’re looking for a treatment that can help improve your skin’s texture, then microdermabrasion or micro-needling may be the best option.
When it comes to non-surgical facelifts, there’s no “one size fits all” treatment option. The best way to determine which treatment is right for you is to consult your doctor or our experienced staff at Health Expressions. We will be able to evaluate your individual needs and recommend the best course of treatment.
Get Ready To Reclaim Your Youth!
If you want healthy, younger-looking skin without surgery, then a non-surgical facelift may be the perfect option for you. If you are looking for facial rejuvenations in Rockville Maryland, or laser skin resurfacing in Rochester NY, Health Expressions is your answer!
If you’re interested in learning more about our non-surgical treatments, contact us at (301)244-4717 or complete the online booking form. At Health Expressions, our team of experts are highly qualified to perform these treatments. We will work with you to ensure you receive the best possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a non-surgical facelift painful?
No, most of our non-surgical facelift treatments are not painful. Some treatments, such as micro-needling, may cause minimal discomfort. But overall, our treatments are designed to be gentle and comfortable.
Is a non-surgical facelift expensive?
The cost of a non-surgical facelift will vary depending on the type of treatment you choose. Generally speaking, our treatments are affordable compared to traditional surgical facelifts.
How long do the procedures last?
The length of the procedure varies depending on the treatment you get. Some treatments, such as laser skin resurfacing, can be completed in just a few minutes. Other treatments, such as micro-needling, may take up to an hour.
How often should I get RF micro-needling?
The frequency of your treatments will depend on your individual needs and goals. Most people will need 3-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart to see great results.
How long does it take for laser resurfacing take to work?
You will usually start seeing laser treatments results within a few days. However, it can take up to 6 weeks for the full effects of the treatment to be visible.
Begin Your Non-Surgical Facelift Treatment
Learn more and schedule a consultation today.