Non-Surgical Facelift Treatments
Non-Surgical Facelift Treatments in Pittsford, NY or Rockville, MD
Begin Your Non-Surgical Facelift Treatment
Learn more and schedule a consultation today.
At Health Expressions, we can help you with a non-surgical facelift to get amazing results. If you’re looking for laser skin resurfacing in Rochester, NY, or facial rejuvenation in Rockville, MD, contact our staff at Health Expressions and book your consultation today.
Age sneaks up on everyone, regardless of how well they care for their skin. To keep a more youthful look, people want effective cosmetic treatments. But finding treatments that give great results can be tricky as there are so many on the market, and the results can vary.
What Are Non-Surgical Facelifts?
A non-surgical facelift is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that lifts facial features and tightens the loose skin on the face and neck. This “lunchtime procedure” can be done in about an hour with no anesthesia or downtime, making it a popular choice for those who want to look younger without surgery. Non-surgical facelift procedures are growing in popularity as they can provide significant results without the risks associated with traditional surgery.
There are a variety of non-surgical facelifts to choose from, each targeting different areas of the face. For example, some procedures focus on forehead wrinkles while others target the mid-face and lower face, including mouth lines or smile lines.
Every patient has specific concerns, so the best way to determine which procedure is correct for you is to consult with our staff at Health Expressions. Our team can assess your needs and recommend the best treatment.
Anatomy of the Skin
There are three main layers of skin: the epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis.
The epidermis is the outermost layer of skin and is made up of several different types of cells. The primary type of cell in the epidermis is the keratinocyte, which produces keratin, a protein that helps give skin strength and flexibility.
The dermis is the middle layer of skin and is made up of connective tissue, blood vessels, and nerves. This layer provides support and nutrition to the epidermis.
The hypodermis is the deepest layer of skin and consists of fat and connective tissue. This layer helps to cushion and protect the body.
Skin Statistics and Facts
The skin is the largest organ in the body, weighing about 8 pounds. The average person has about 20 square feet of skin, about 2% of their total body weight. So it makes sense that we spend so much time trying to take care of our skin. Consider these few facts:
- The average woman spends more than $300 per month on skin care products and uses 16 skincare products daily.
- Sun exposure is the leading cause of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher daily, even on cloudy days.
While we can’t stop the aging process, we can do several things to slow it down.
- Use sunscreen and avoid excessive sun exposure
- Quit smoking
- Eat a balanced diet
- Use topical anti-aging products, such as retinoids and glycolic acid
- Exercise regularly
Changes in Skin With Age
As we age, our skin undergoes several changes. These changes are due to a combination of genetics, lifestyle choices, and the environment.
One of the most common changes that occur as your skin ages is a decrease in collagen production. Collagen is a protein that gives skin its structure and elasticity. As we age, our body produces less collagen, which leads to wrinkles and skin laxity.
Another common change in aging skin is a decrease in cell turnover. In young skin, cells are constantly being replaced. However, as we age, this process slows down, leading to a build-up of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface. This can make the skin look dull and dry.
Fortunately, you can do several things to slow the aging process and keep your skin looking its best. These include using sunscreen, quitting smoking, and avoiding excessive sun exposure.
Benefits of Not Going Under the Knife
There are many benefits and minimal side effects to getting a non-surgical treatment compared to a traditional facial surgery. The main benefit is that it’s less expensive. Additionally, the risks are significantly lower since there’s no surgery involved. Healing time is also shorter since there are no stitches required.
Other benefits include:
- Less invasive
- There’s no need for anesthesia, which means the procedure is safer
- The results are more natural looking
- Can be done in an outpatient setting
All of these benefits and the fact that nonsurgical facelifts are non-invasive make this option a great choice!
Whereas there are many disadvantages that come along with surgical procedures:
- Plastic surgeons can charge up to tens of thousands of dollars
- Cosmetic surgery requires more recovery time
- Overnight hospitalization is usually required
- There is often scarring after traditional surgical methods
- General anesthesia is required, which comes with its own set of risks
- Risk of scarring
What Is Skin Resurfacing/Rejuvenation?
Skin resurfacing, also known as skin rejuvenation, is a treatment that can improve the appearance of your skin. It can help to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. It can also help to improve the texture of your skin and give it a more youthful appearance.
There are several different skin resurfacing treatments available, including:
- TempSure Envi. This is an effective option and a very successful facial treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to heat the skin. This helps to improve the appearance of frown lines, deep creases, and age spots and reduces deep wrinkles. The heat from the RF energy also helps to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- Laser skin resurfacing. This treatment uses a laser to remove the top layer of skin. The heat from the laser destroys the damaged skin cells and stimulates the production of new collagen, which helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles, frown lines, and age spots.
- Micro-needling. Tiny needles create small punctures in the top layer of the skin. This may sound painful, but it’s not. The needles used in this treatment are very fine and cause minimal discomfort. This treatment aims to stimulate collagen and elastin production and tighten the facial muscles. These are the two proteins that keep your skin looking young and healthy.
- IPL (intense pulsed light). This device uses a light source to improve the appearance of your skin, including acne scarring. The light targets the damaged skin cells and then destroys them. Once the old cells are removed, new ones can grow in their place, which helps to improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- Chemical peels. The name sounds a little scary but don’t let it fool you. Chemical peels are a popular treatment for improving the appearance of your skin. It works by using a chemical solution to remove the top layer (outer layer) of skin, revealing the healthier skin underneath. This procedure is safe for most skin types and colors.
- Microdermabrasion. This popular treatment uses a small device to exfoliate the top layer of skin. Once this happens, new skin cells can grow in their place, resulting in softer, smoother skin.
What Non-Surgical Facelift Treatments Work the Best?
As we have looked at, there are several different facelift treatments available, and the best one for you will depend on your individual needs and goals. If you’re looking for a skin-tightening treatment that can help reduce facial wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, then laser skin resurfacing or IPL may be the best option. If you’re looking for a treatment that can help improve your skin’s texture, then microdermabrasion or micro-needling may be an excellent option.
When it comes to non-surgical facelifts, there’s no “one size fits all” treatment option. The best way to determine which treatment is right for you is to consult your doctor or our experienced staff at Health Expressions. We will be able to evaluate your individual needs and recommend the best course of treatment.
Get Ready To Reclaim Your Youth!
If you want healthy, younger-looking skin without surgery, a non-surgical facelift may be the perfect option. If you are looking for facial rejuvenation in Rockville, Maryland, or laser skin resurfacing in Rochester, NY, Health Expressions is your answer!
If you’re interested in learning more about our non-surgical treatments, contact us at (301) 244-4717 or complete the online booking form. At Health Expressions, our team of experts are highly qualified to perform these treatments, and we will work with you to ensure you receive the best possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, most of our non-surgical facelift treatments are not painful. Some treatments, such as micro-needling, may cause minimal discomfort. But overall, our treatments are designed to be gentle and comfortable.
The cost of a non-surgical facelift will vary depending on the type of treatment you choose. Generally speaking, our treatments are affordable compared to traditional surgical facelifts.
The length of the procedure varies depending on the treatment you get. Some treatments, such as laser skin resurfacing, can be completed in just a few minutes. Other treatments, such as micro-needling, may take up to an hour.
The frequency of your treatments will depend on your individual needs and goals. Most people will need 3-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart to see great results.
You will usually start seeing laser treatment results within a few days. However, it can take up to 6 weeks for the full effects of the treatment to be visible.
Begin Your Non-Surgical Facelift Treatment
Learn more and schedule a consultation today.