If you’re like most people, you probably think of spider veins as more of a cosmetic issue than a medical one. And while it’s true that these twisted, swollen blood vessels don’t pose any serious health risks, they can be unsightly—not to mention painful. If you’re ready to get rid of your spider veins once and for all, laser treatment may be the answer.
But first, let’s discuss what causes spider veins.
Most commonly, spider veins are caused by a condition called venous insufficiency. This occurs when the valves in your veins stop working properly, causing blood to pool in your legs. Venous insufficiency is usually the result of aging or pregnancy, obesity, standing or sitting for long periods, or a previous injury. Exposure to sun and heat can also cause spider veins, which is why they’re more common in people with fair skin.
How Does Laser Treatment Work?
Laser treatment for spider veins is a minimally invasive procedure that uses concentrated bursts of light to destroy the veins. The blood in your vein absorbs the light, causing the vein to collapse and eventually disappear. Typically, 2 to 3 treatments spaced 8 to 10 weeks apart are required for the best results.
Is Laser Treatment Better Than Sclerotherapy?
There are two main types of spider vein treatment: laser therapy and sclerotherapy. So, which is better?
Both procedures are effective at treating spider veins, but each has advantages and disadvantages. Laser therapy is generally considered the more gentle of the two treatments, with fewer side effects. However, it may require more treatments than sclerotherapy to achieve the desired results
Sclerotherapy typically requires fewer treatments than laser therapy. However, it also carries a higher risk of side effects, such as bruising, swelling, and pain.
5 Reasons to Try Laser Treatment to Remove Spider Veins
1. It’s Effective – Spider vein laser treatment has a high success rate in reducing the appearance of spider veins. In most cases, 2 to 3 treatments are required for optimal results; however, many people report seeing a significant difference after just one session.
2. It’s Long-lasting – Unlike other treatment methods, laser treatment for spider veins produces results that last for years. With proper care, your spider veins will be a thing of the past.
3. It’s painless – Thanks to advances in technology, laser treatment for spider veins is virtually painless. You may experience some mild discomfort during the procedure, but it is generally well-tolerated by most people.
4. It’s safe – Spider vein laser treatment is FDA-approved and considered very safe when performed by a certified technician.
5. It has minimal side effects – Some common side effects of laser treatment for spider veins include bruising, swelling, and redness; however, these side effects are typically mild and subside within a few days.
Laser Vein Treatment in Rochester
Spider veins can be unsightly and painful, but there is hope! Laser treatment for spider veins is an effective and long-lasting solution with minimal side effects.
If you’re considering treatment for your spider veins, contact Health Expressions and book a consultation with our team. We provide laser vein treatment in Rochester, NY, and Pittsford, NY. Call (301) 244-4717 or complete the online booking form.